COVID-19 Safety Protocol
Outdoor Volunteer Activities
For volunteers and partners working with KOB during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The health of you and our community is our first priority. While we are excited to be opening up our outdoor-based volunteer programs, we want to work with you to ensure your safety. Please read the following guidelines, communicate these expectations to any other participants in your group, and follow them responsibly during your volunteer service activity. Thank you for your patience and flexibility as we continue to learn together how to safely navigate the world with COVID-19.
We recognize that information and guidelines are constantly shifting. These are recommendations, not mandated requirements. We urge you to first and foremost follow local and state guidelines. We also acknowledge that there is no way to eliminate all risk from any activity that involves working with others. Our goal is simply to use the best information we have to try to minimize that risk.
- Engage in social distancing. Maintain a minimum of 6 feet distance between each volunteer (unless volunteers reside together in the same household or work together in the same workplace).
- Wear a mask during service. We encourage wearing a mask while volunteering outdoors, but it is up to your discretion depending on your vaccination status, social distancing practice, and who is volunteering with you.
- Practice good hygiene. Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and warm water for at least 40 seconds before and after your service. Use hand sanitizer periodically and when hand washing is unavailable.
- Limit the use of shared items between volunteers. We suggest not providing snacks or beverages at events. Volunteers should come prepared with their own refreshments and water bottles, and limit sharing tools between others.
- Be mindful of your personal health. If you are experiencing a fever, cough, sneezing, or any other symptoms that potentially could be related to COVID-19, stay home.
- Keep track of potential COVID-19 exposure. If you have been exposed to someone that has tested positive for COVID-19 or have been in direct contact with anyone who is experiencing symptoms related to COVID-19, please do not participate in a KOB service activity until you complete a quarantine period, have tested negative, or have been fully vaccinated.
- Self-monitor after the service. If you begin to experience any COVID-19 related-symptoms, it is important to notify everyone in your volunteer group and KOB immediately to prevent the potential spread of the virus.
Additional KOB Safety Measures
- Upon special request, staff will provide a contact-free supply pickup/dropoff process for volunteers.
- After each use, KOB staff will thoroughly disinfect volunteer supplies.
- Staff will utilize electronic volunteer waiver and completion forms as much as possible to mitigate contact risk.